Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cemeteries II - Choa Chu Kang Cemetery, Chinese section

Choa Chu Kang Cemetery Complexis the only active cemetery in Singapore. It has 3 main sections: the Muslim, Chinese and Christian sections. It is at the old Choa Chu Kang Road, which is only a few bus stops away from the university.

I got off the bus where the map said the Muslim cemetery was, but I couldn't really find it. This might be it. Perhaps next time.


These are then my pictures from the Chinese section of the cemetery.






















That is where I wanted to go, when the rain started.

 

 

I have tried for shelter at this shrine. But this wasn't very helpful.




Then came the pack of dogs. Rain, dogs, barking. Ok, fast turnaround. Some more pictures from another section of the Chinese cemetery, in the semi-darkness, under the dark rainclouds.

 

 










This is the Christian cemetery, from the bus stop. I had no interest crossing on the wet grass, so more pictures next time. But no promises about the when. Dogs, rain, darkness...