Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cashing a check

Because I don't have a bank account in Singapore, and because my local insurance company was not willing to wire me the money. I have gone on a trek to reclaim expenses.

I have started out as usual around 7.30, and after breakfast at my Saturday breakfast place, I have arrived a little after 9am to Tanjong Pagar, at the south end of the business district. The interesting thing is that it is only 4 bus stops and 12 MRT stops away, on "my", i.e. the East-West MRT line. So it took me more than an hour to get there!

The Axa building.


In front of the building.





Across from the building.



After talking to Customer Service on the Basement floor (=ground floor everywhere else), I was informed that I should go to the 27th floor and meet my representative in person.

These are two pictures from the 27th floor, looking towards south, the sea, and the continuous construction works to expand the business district. (Comment on picture quality: early morning and/or protective glass...)



A little bit more of the business district.


And my check...


...which I have cashed immediately :)

The cashier really liked my orange plastic purse! :)